DO YOU NEED A “GO-BAG?”
Go-bags originated with the US military which requires personnel to keep one on hand packed with essentials for survival.
Over the past few weeks we’ve experienced deadly forest fires in California, Arizona and Colorado. The East and Gulf coasts have suffered hurricanes and tropical storms. The Midwest has endured tornados and floods. And on top of all of that, we are still amid the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s best to prepare for your family’s safety now.
Here are some updated items that you may need in your 2020 go-bag.
- Your updated estate planning and healthcare documents (which should also be uploaded to your cloud storage)
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant spray
- Disinfecting wipes
- Disposable gloves
- Copy of your health insurance card
- Medical summary with known allergies
And the basics:
- IDs such as driver’s license and passport. Consider other important documents such as vehicle titles, deeds and a current photo
- Cash: $250 in small bills
- Shelter such as a lightweight tent
- Water and water filter. You will need at least one gallon of water per person per day.
- A multi-tool
- First-aid kit and prescription medication
- Flashlight with extra battery
- Emergency whistle
- Solar powered radio and phone charger
- Sanitary items such as toilet paper and baby wipes
- Clothes to keep you warm and comfortable
While go-bags are a critical part of helping your family survive the immediate aftermath of a natural disaster or other emergency, they’re just a start. Of course, to keep your family totally safe and secure, you’ll need to make sure you actually have the right insurance coverage and necessary legal documents in place to cover every emergency contingency. Contact us at Truestlaw or 480-949-6500 to learn exactly what you need and how we can support you.
Ready to talk with us about how you can keep your family out of court or out of conflict when something happens to you.
Or, maybe you are the family member or close friend of a loved one, and something has happened and now you need advice. If so, our hearts are with you, and we will do our best to help you keep things as easeful as possible.
There are three options for you to get our support. Choose the one that’s best for you:
- Schedule Free 15-Minute Phone Consultation
- Schedule 2-Hour Family Wealth Planning Session
- Schedule 2-Hours Existing Estate Plan Review